Are you looking for How to Tighten Hey Dude Shoes? Hey Dude Shoes set out to produce a casual shoe that was more than a slipper but lighter and more breathable than a traditional shoe when they first launched in 2008. The Hey Dude Lifestyle is a comfy slip-on sneaker with elastic laces to get out and go quickly.
Hey Dude sneakers are popular since they introduced a truly unique look to the market and high quality. Also, the shoes are lightweight, breathable, and highly wearable.
In this piece of article, You will get a step by step guidance on How to Tighten Hey Dude Shoes.
Can You Tighten Hey Dude Shoes?
Yes, Hey Dude sneakers can be tightened. One of the reasons they are wide is that the fibers in the Hey Dude shoes’ material change from semi-crystalline to amorphous over time.
What are the benefits of a tight fit?
A tight fit has several benefits, to mention a few:
- It makes sure the shoe stays on your foot. It is true, especially for activities such as jogging and sports. A firm fit also keeps the shoe from slipping and provides additional support.
- A tight fit can help you avoid injuries, and a close fit can prevent ankle and knee injuries and other injuries if the shoe fits tightly.
- A tight fit offers comfort and stability. The shoes will be less prone to move about on your feet when they fit correctly. It will lessen the likelihood of blisters and other irritations.
Tips to Get the Perfect Fit from Your Hey Dude Shoes
- Wear clean socks that aren’t too thick or thin, as this could alter the amount of space surrounding your feet.
- Remember that shoelaces used on athletic sneakers or gym shoes will decay faster than regular shoe laces because they are made of less durable cotton material.
- Tie and untie the shoelaces a few times over the first several days to loosen them up. Surprisingly, relaxing the shoelaces can be tightened more effectively over time.
- To achieve the best fit, use the last hole available on each lace to keep them as tight as possible.
- Choose a premium fabric or leather design. Over time, these stretch and adjust the best. It may be more expensive, but the extra comfort will be worth it.
- Try on your shoes first thing in the morning while your feet are slightly swollen. It allows the shoe to adapt better to your feet when they return to their normal state.
- Make a habit of tying the shoes at a constant tightness. It makes adjustment seamless, and the shoes can adapt quickly.
How to Tighten Hey Dude Shoes?
Pull the laces together tightly. To make the double laces tighter.
Step 2: Stretch and open both laces ends using one lace end in each hand.
Step3: Place one end beneath the other and wrap it around it like shoelaces to create a loop.
Step 4: To make a knot, double back on itself once more. For each lacing, repeat four times.
Pulling the laces too hard can ruin the stitches, so be careful.
How To Keep Hey Dude Shoes Tight?
You can recrystallize the fiber molecules in your sneakers by placing them on a hot burner for about 2 minutes, which will force them to melt back into a more solid shape, making them stiffer and tighter.
This strategy, however, should be used with caution because most materials have a melting point over which they may burn if overheated.
For example, when shrinking rubber shoes like these, choose a low temperature that won’t injure the shoe but is sufficient to shrink it without melting any of its components, such as rubber molecules.
This is the way you tighten your Hey dude shoes. Try this technique to bring your sneakers back to life the next time they feel a little slack.
If you have a significant other who can assist you, pulling the strings on your Hey Dudes sneakers is ideal for tightening them. If this is not possible, you could try drawing them using a needle and thread.
Pull one side of the string between your index and thumb while looping the needle around the same point and drawing the thread through.
Repeat on each loop of string until the required length is reached. NOTE: Keep all toe-cleaning instruments out of children’s reach.
How to clean Hey Dudes shoes?
Remove any dust or dirt from the surface. A gentle bristle brush is recommended.
Remove the insoles and laces from the shoes.
Note: Memory foam insoles might be ruined in the wash, and laces may become tangled. To clean your shoes’ laces and insoles, wash them by hand with a shoe cleaner or detergent and lay them flat to dry.
Because powdered detergent can damage the fabric, use only a minimal amount of liquid detergent. We suggest not to wash your Hey Dudes shoes with clothes, but you can add a couple of towels to help balance the load.
To help keep the durability and prevent shrinking or warping, use a delicate cycle in the washer with only cold water.
If you put your shoes in the dryer, they may shrink. Dry them outside or inside, but keep them out of direct sunlight to prevent bleaching or fabric damage.
NOTE: Do not dry the shoes in the dryer.
Do Hey Dudes Shoes Shrink?
Tying your Hey Dude sneakers includes a significant amount of tightening. A loose shoe will cause you to trip and fall, possibly resulting in a bent lower leg or worse. If you wash your shoes, they will shrink. It is because of the presence of salt and chlorine in water, which can also cause the shading to blur.
Fortunately, as long as you keep them from drying out and leaving them at room temperature for a few hours after washing, they should maintain their size. It’s always a good idea to buy something bigger than you usually wear, so they don’t feel like shoes when you put them on. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to walk safely because your shoes are too big or too tight.
Although Hey Dude sneakers are built to last, they can become loose over time.
Have you observed that your hey dude shoes have become loose fit recently? Follow the instruction mentioned above to tighten and maintain.