White converse shoes are counted as a shoe closet staple; as they are versatile, comfortable, and stylish. With the pair of shoes, which suits well with your denim and casual chinos, you are ready to slay. Throw in just a couple of latest style white converse shoes with just about anything, and there’s no going wrong there. But, wait, there’s a glitch, though. Yes, they get filthy within the first couple of uses, or even worse if you use them in rains and puddles. It calls on the nerves thinking about how to clean white converse shoes? Have you ever tried to bleach converse shoes?
Yes, you all must be facing the same issues when you have a dirty and muddy white converse shoe in your shoe rack and needs to find a legit solution for them to clean and smooth it up. Here we are in this article introducing a few ways to clean white converse. This article has elaborated on 10 legit ways to answer how to clean white converse shoes. Let’s start digging out one after another method and elaborating the pros and cons of each process in brief.
- 1 How to clean white Converse shoes? – A Snapshot Description
- 2 10 legit hacks to clean white converse shoes
- 3 Top Hack 1 – With Baking Soda And Vinegar
- 4 Top Hack 2 – With Toothpaste
- 5 Top Hack 3 – With Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda
- 6 Top Hack 4 – With Bleach
- 7 Top Hack 5 – With Baking Soda, Laundry Detergent, And Water
- 8 Top Hack 6 – With Nail Polish Remover and Acetone
- 9 Top Hack 7 – With petroleum jelly
- 10 Top Hack 8 – Scrub white converse shoes with a magic eraser
- 11 Top Hack- 9- How to clean white Converse-style shoes in the washing machine
- 12 Top Hack – 10 – OxiClean Max Force Gel Stick
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Conclusion-
How to clean white Converse shoes? – A Snapshot Description
To clean white converse shoes, one must keep in mind several dos and don’ts to avoid the haphazard and unwanted complications while cleaning the white converse shoes. The white converse shoes are precisely manufactured using several materials on which several hacks only work well. The hacks to clean white converse shoes should not include any chemical or natural products that can permanently distort the fabric combination of your white converse shoes.
Things to keep in mind to do before cleaning the white converse shoes are to be followed well. We have elaborated the method step-wise to avoid any further confusion and complications as well.
- Remove the lace off the shoes.
- Run them under cold water and ensure that they are wet.
- While using any hacks, keep in mind to only rub the liquid or white converse cleaner only on the stained part of the shoes.
- Thoroughly rub the paste all over the shoes – tongue (Shoe Horn), sole, and edges.
- Either rinse them with cold water or toss them in the washing machine.
- Hang the white converse shoes dry and avoid putting them in the dryer if possible.
Note – Do you know? How to make shoes slippery for dancing?
10 legit hacks to clean white converse shoes
The central part of the article is how to clean white converse shoes, and we have come up with the most proven and legit hacks to clean white converse shoes. Many people must be thinking about can we wash white converse? Can we bleach converse at home? We here have provided the best methods with their armamentarium, methodology, and pros and cons at last.
At last, we have also introduced one of the most recommended and referred white converse cleaner, which suits the converse’s fabric well.
Top Hack 1 – With Baking Soda And Vinegar
We have centralized this method as on the top list of how to clean white converse shoes. As the material required for the technique is readily available in-house, it is an easy hack to perform.
- 1. Vinegar
- 2. Baking soda
- 3. Brush for scrubbing
- 4. Glass bowl
- 5. Hot Water
- 6. Old toothbrush or applicator brush
- 1. Use a glass bowl to add one part baking soda to two parts vinegar.
- 2. Add a little warm water.
- 3. You can increase the quantity depending on your need.
- 4. With an old toothbrush, rub the paste all over the shoes for a few minutes.
- 5. Repeat the procedure if needed.
- 6. Throw it in a washing machine or rinse it with water.
- 7. Hang them dry.
Top Hack 2 – With Toothpaste
The second hack in the list of clean white converse shoes is using your tooth-cleaning agent- toothpaste. Now, how can toothpaste help you to clean your white converse shoes? That’s a hack, and the secret ingredient is the chemical combination of the toothpaste.
- 1. Toothpaste
- 2. Old toothbrush
- 1. Apply the toothpaste to all the dirty spots on your shoes.
- 2. Use a paste and not a gel, plus anything in white and not colored.
- 3. Let it soak in for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Rinse the shoes in cold water or put them in the washing machine.
- 5. Hang your white converse shoes dry, and repeat the process if required.
Note – Physical therapist shoes are a bit different due to the need of the job. They’re more focussed on stability and cushioning part.
Top Hack 3 – With Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda
No, this is not a bleaching method for your white converse shoes. But a secret tip is to be added here is that the plan is only to be used with utmost care. As the method how to clean white converse shoes is quite lovely, one must take care not to create any further complexity performing the technique.
- 1. Hydrogen peroxide
- 2. Baking Soda
- 3. Warm water
- 4. Old Toothbrush
- 5. Gloves
- 1. Take approximately one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with half a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and warm water, respectively.
- 2. Make it into a paste.
- 3. With an old toothbrush, apply the paste all over the shoes or the affected areas.
- 4. Leave them for thirty minutes.
- 5. Rinse them off with water or put them in the washing machine.
- 6. Wear gloves if you have them handy.
Top Hack 4 – With Bleach
Yes, one can bleach converse while using the bleaching agents, which are readily available in the market as well. While using the bleaching agent, one can also consider that amalgamating the bleaching agent with toothpaste can enhance the cleaning effect and get an excellent result. Let’s take a look into how one can bleach converse shoes at home.
- 1. Bleach
- 2. Toothpaste
- 3. Baking soda
- 4. Toothbrush
- 5. Lemon(optional)
- 6. Warm water
- 1. Use liquid bleach preferably and take about 50 ml of the agent.
- 2. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda and toothpaste.
- 3. Add a little warmth and make it into a runny paste.
- 4. Apply this all over your shoes and soak them for a couple of hours.
- 5. Wash your shoes with cold water or in a washing machine.
- 6. You could alternatively rub lemon and sprinkle baking soda all over your shoes since lemon has natural bleaching properties.
- 7. But remember that bleaching agent might make your shoes old and faded.
Note – Have you ever tried ballroom dance? Let us know!
Top Hack 5 – With Baking Soda, Laundry Detergent, And Water
The amalgamation of backing soda, laundry detergent, and lukewarm water can be a perfect method to clean white converse shoes. Adding the process on the 5th number, the only thing to keep in mind while using this method is to be careful about the drying part of the shoes well.
- 1. Baking Soda.
- 2. Laundry Detergent.
- 3. Water
- 4. Old Toothbrush
- 1. Take equal parts baking soda and laundry detergent.
- 2. Add a little water to make it into a smooth, runny paste.
- 3. Apply this combination all over the shoes. One can also soak the lace in this liquid.
- 4. Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- 5. Wash the shoes with water or put them in the washing machine.
- 6. Hang them dry till they are dehydrated.
Top Hack 6 – With Nail Polish Remover and Acetone
Coming here, with our hack 6 in the list of how to clean white converse shoes, one must be astonished and surprised by reading the word nail polish remover. How can a nail polish remover be used to clean white converse shoes? The only hack behind this method is acetone, which is present in the nail polish remover.
- 1. Nail polish remover
- 2. Acetone
- 3. Cotton pads
- 1. Dip cotton pads in acetone, preferably or any other nail polish remover in hand.
- 2. Rub it over the affected areas.
- 3. Scrub the shoes thoroughly.
- 4. Wash them in powdered or liquid soap water.
- 5. Toss them in the washing machine and hang them dry.
- 6. It might not be the most effective method, but it’s your best bet during emergencies.
Note – Postal job shoes or mail carriers shoes are way more stronger and durable than usual.
Top Hack 7 – With petroleum jelly
How to clean white converse shoes with petroleum jelly? Have you ever tried this method before? Let’s see the procedure behind the technique and why petroleum jelly is used to clean the white converse shoes.
- Petroleum jelly
- old toothbrush
- Apply the petroleum jelly to the affected area with the help of an old toothbrush.
- One can also apply a small amount of petroleum jelly with the help of fingers.
- After applying the petroleum jelly on the affected part, keep in mind is to wipe off the jelly well so as not to harbor any more dirt.
- Dry the shoes well.
Top Hack 8 – Scrub white converse shoes with a magic eraser
Use of a “magic eraser” cleaning product is to be added explicitly in the list of how to clean white converse shoes to gently scrub the canvas shoes from toe to heel, getting as much material as possible. Magic erasers do not use any harsh and harmful chemicals, making them perfect options if you have pets or young kids or otherwise prefer to keep chemicals out of your home.
This eraser contains a melamine polymer. It feels flexible and somewhat soft to the touch, but this polymer is a relatively effective abrasive foam. When you use the eraser, you scrape the dirt away with physical force.
- Magic eraser
- Clean off the shoes with a piece of cloth before the application of the professional product.
- A scrub is to be used to apply the effect on the shoe surface.
- One side of the scrub is to be used first to apply the product.
- Take a small amount of magic eraser on one side of the scrub and apply it to the shoe surface.
- As one spot of the sponge gets dirty, turn it to another portion of the sponge.
Top Hack- 9- How to clean white Converse-style shoes in the washing machine
Have you ever tried to wash white converse in the washing machine? Yes, you all must be afraid about the fabric issues with using a washing machine for the converse shoes. One tip to add here in this method is not to use this method frequently to damage the shoe fabric at a lesser pace.
- Washing machine
- 1. Remove the laces first.
- 2. Place your Converse into a mesh wash bag or pillowcase to protect them inside the washing machine drum.
- 3. Always use a low temperature and gentle cycle.
- 4. Use a gentle detergent and avoid using fabric conditioners.
- 5. Pad out the drum with a couple of towels to help cushion your shoes during the spin cycle.
- 6. Leave your Converse to air dry.
Note – Are you dealing with flat feet and still wanted to play golf. Check out article on golf shoes.
Top Hack – 10 – OxiClean Max Force Gel Stick
OxiClean Max Force Pre-Treater Gel Stick Help gets stains out the first time with the new Max Force Gel Stick pre-treater. Its unique applicator helps get deep into clothing fibres where the thick gel formula sticks to stains and breaks them down.
The color-safe formula is packed with four types of stain fighters: Amylase Enzyme – lifts food stains from fabric Solvents/Surfactants – dissolve and trap grease and oil Polymers – bind to dirt and soils to suspend and rinse them way protease Enzyme – targets protein stains like grass and bloom ultra-Concentrated gel formula has more power in every drop. Smooth top scrubber removes stains without harming fabric Treat now and wash later-up to 1 week before Washington-staining blue formula lets you see where you’ve been treated then rinses away clean. Directions for laundry use only allow following manufacturer’s guidelines for the item being cleaned.
Additional features of the product-
This stain stick packs a concentrated formula that rinses away, leaving nothing but clean.
5-in-1 Stain Fighting Power
Formulated with multiple stain fighters, OxiClean Max Force Gel Stick tackles even the most stubborn dried-in stains.
Tackles the Toughest Dried-In Stains
Precise nubs help the formula penetrate deep into clothing fibers to help break apart stains.
- Oxiclean gel stick
- Remove shoelaces
- Use your OxiClean gel stick product all over the shoes.
- Place the gel.
- Stick directly onto the stained surface, press down to dispense gel, and rub into fabric.
- For the 1st time use, multiple-use and pumps may be needed.
- Allow fabric to stand 15-20 minutes, depending on the severity of the stain. Wash in the warmest water the garment will accept.
How to Clean White Converse
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean white converse without turning them yellow?
Here is the method to clean white converse without turning them yellow-
Mix 1 tablespoon warm water, one tablespoon vinegar, and one tablespoon baking soda.
Mix until you create a paste-like consistency.
Use an old toothbrush to scrub the shoes in a circular motion.
Once you have cleaned the entire shoe, rinse with warm water to remove the paste mixture.
Can I put white Converse in the washing machine?
How to clean white Converse-style shoes in the washing machine. Place your Converse into a mesh wash bag or pillowcase to protect them inside the washing machine drum. Always use a low temperature and gentle cycle. Use a mild detergent and avoid using fabric conditioners.
Will washing white Converse ruin them?
One thing you can do is to choose a gentle wash cycle. Put your white converse shoes in the washer and put them on the gentle cycle, so it doesn’t hurt your sneakers. Use cold water to keep your converse bright or the warm setting to help loosen stains or dirt. Do not use hot water because it can damage the glue that holds your shoes together.
Summing up the article about how to clean white converse shoes, we can say that we have inclusively added up 10 legit hacks to how to clean white converse shoes, which are proven and authentic as well. As elaborated earlier in the content, we have also provided our readers with the pros and cons of every method in the section.
Wear your all-time favorite white converse shoes in the rainy season and clean them up using one of our cleaning hacks from the current article.