To control the infection of Scoliosis, you need the best shoes for Scoliosis that would help you handle your severe physical condition.
For everyone suffering from Scoliosis, not treating at the right time can lead to a lifetime one.
You can take care of this by wearing a proper pair of shoes that would help you remove your pain.
Check for the top 10 shoes that would help you treat your condition with ease and pain.
Our Top 3 Best Shoes For Scoliosis
- 1 Scoliosis – Symptoms, Causes, And Complications
- 2 How To Identify The Right Best Shoes For Scoliosis?
- 3 Top 10 Best Shoes For Scoliosis
- 3.1 Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 21 – Best Women’s shoes for Scoliosis
- 3.2 Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe – Best Men’s Shoes for Scoliosis
- 3.3 ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Shoe – Best in terms of comfort
- 3.4 Ryka Women’s Sky Walking Shoes – Best Budget-Oriented Shoe for Women
- 3.5 Mosha Belle Men Athletic Shoes – Best in terms of lightweight and affordability
- 3.6 Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Winder II Work Shoe – Best for Traction
- 3.7 Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17
- 3.8 Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe – Best Walking Shoes for men with Scoliosis
- 3.9 Saucony Women’s Triumph Iso 5 Running Shoe
- 3.10 Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford
- 3.11 New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 880v11 Running Shoe
- 3.12 VionicMen’s Bond Caleb Lace-up sneaker
- 4 Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
- 5 Do’s And Don’ts For People With Scoliosis
- 6 Will Wearing High Heels Make Scoliosis Worse?
- 7 Can Orthotics Cure Scoliosis?
- 8 Will A Shoe Lift Help Scoliosis?
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Final Words
Scoliosis – Symptoms, Causes, And Complications
Scoliosis refers to the sideways curvature of the spine that can usually occur during the growth spurt before puberty.
Most scoliosis cases are mild, but spine deformities continue to grow with the children’s growth and get more severe.
The sign of scoliosis includes –
- Uneven waist and shoulders
- One hip gets higher than other
- The appearance of one should blade becomes more prominent than the other one.
- In severe cases, the spine can be seen as twisted or rotated.
Mild scoliosis usually do not cause any problems, while severe scoliosis cause these complications –
- Heart and lung damage – In severe cases, it becomes hard to breathe or difficult for the heart to pump the blood because the rib cage may press against them.
- Appearance – In severe cases, when scoliosis gets worsen causes noticeable appearance changes like uneven shoulder and waist, uneven hips, twisted or rotated spine.
Back Issues – Usually, people who had scoliosis since childhood are more likely to have severe back issues.
Also Read This
How To Identify The Right Best Shoes For Scoliosis?
The importance is footwear in scoliosis is known. So it’s essential to identify the perfect pair. There is some essential factor should be fulfilled by the shoes. You must consider these factors before buying the shoe. Scroll down to know more about Best shoes for scoliosis.
Shoes offer good arch support
Shoes with good arch support are supposed to be the perfect pair of shoes. So select the right pair of shoe that offers good support to the body so that your spine becomes stress-free.
Avoid high heel or very flat shoes
It is essential to wear slightly raised shoes instead of high heels to avoid the agony associated with scoliosis. High heel shoes put all the pressure on your spine that is not good for people with scoliosis.
The shoe must be breathable
The breathability of the shoe should be considered before buying. It is the most crucial factor to look at. The insole, midsole, outsole should be made of superior quality rubber that ensures its excellent breathability.
The shoe must be comfortable
Scoliosis is a condition that causes severe pain. Wearing comfortable footwear can be very helpful in alleviating the pain. People with scoliosis should ensure the comfortability of the shoe.
Shoes with a toe box
A flexible and comprehensive toe box can be so helpful in scoliosis. It allows the toes to respond to the floor in the way they intended.
Top 10 Best Shoes For Scoliosis
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 21 – Best Women’s shoes for Scoliosis
|Dimensions||10 x 15 x 6 inches|
|Size||5 to 13 ( Available for wide and X-wide feet)|
|Color||Available in 15 Colors|
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS comprises synthetic and meshed fabric with rubber sole material and synthetic outer material that offers excellent flexibility and breathability.
The shoe has DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions working with BioMoGo DNA that provide perfect shock absorption and prevent overstraining the feet.
The shoe has GuiderRails that protect the knees from getting injured, and the streamlined, engineered mesh upper fits the feet properly.
The right amount of stability and support is provided, making this one of the best shoes for Scoliosis and an ideal shoe for running and exercise.
- •Enhanced support system- GuiderRails Not only provides comfort to the feet but also focuses on the knee injuries
- •Provides great overpronation along with high energy cushioning
- •The Shoe provides work comfort all day long along with morning exercise or running
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe – Best Men’s Shoes for Scoliosis
|Dimensions||32 x 21.84 x 12.45 cm|
|Size||6 to 14|
|Color||Available in 15 Color|
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running shoe is our #1 Pick for men. It features an Under Armour charged foam cushioning on the forefoot and sole that provides exceptional comfort.
The Collor features excellent shock absorption, while the leather overlaying on the mid and rims increases its durability and stability.
The design of the shoes is quite impressive and helpful for people with Scoliosis; they consist of extra lacing holes for better gripping and stability.
It features EVA sock linings to provide soft and step-in comfort. Its 3D print lightweight mesh upper offers additional breathability.
It’s quite an impressive option for people with Scoliosis. It provides balanced flexibility, stability, durability, extra comfort and support. It’s a complete and ideal shoe for Scoliosis.
- Its 3D print lightweight mesh upper offer additional breathability
- Compressed molded foam provide outstanding responsiveness
- EVA sock linings offer soft and step-in comfort
- It features an extra lacing hole for better stability
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Shoe – Best in terms of comfort
|Size||5 to 12 ( Available for wide feet also)|
|Color||Available in 20 color|
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 5 shoe is one of the top choices for women who have Scoliosis.
The shoe is made of 100 percent synthetic mesh fabric that promotes long-wear comfort and easy ventilation.
The sole of the shoe effectively absorbs shock while you walk. It has a Gel Cushioning system that provides a comfortable walking experience.
The sneakers come with a wide-fit version that fits perfectly to the wide feet of people. There is a foam sock liner that can be removed and be replaced with orthotic insoles.
This helps customize cushioning, arch support, and heel support to adjust per the wearer’s needs.
The shoe comes with lace-up closures that allow the wearer to adjust the shoe’s fit and give a snug fit.
The shoe is very durable and can be worn in every situation and weather type. The shoe comes with a stylish appearance too.
- The shoe has a roomy toe box preventing the fingers from getting numb
- There is a loop at the back that promotes easy put on and off
- The Shoe is flexible enough to prevent feet from being stiff
Ryka Women’s Sky Walking Shoes – Best Budget-Oriented Shoe for Women
|Color||Available in 4 colors|
|Size||5 to 12 ( Available for Wide feet also)|
The shoes are made of mesh fabric that provides leather overlays providing additional support to the shoe frame.
The shoe has high lace holes for the ankle that provides added support, and the enhanced treads provide better grip on all surfaces.
The rubber soles provide good traction and durability. The shoes are light in weight and are the best choice on an inexpensive budget.
The TPU Midfoot shank makes sure that you get ample midfoot support and lateral stability. The shoe is sturdy and flexible. Scroll down to know more about Best shoes for scoliosis.
There is various colour availability of the shoe that matches your style, providing health benefits alongside.
- Breathable Mesh Upper
- The Memory Foam provides all-day comfort
- True to size as the right size fits perfectly to the feet
Mosha Belle Men Athletic Shoes – Best in terms of lightweight and affordability
|Size||7 to 13|
These shoes are for all severe Scoliosis patients. The shoe has got super cushioning midsole with having a unique and innovative design.
The shoes are meant to provide people run miles as they have a herniated disc that supports the back.
The outsole has got unique technology called the blade rubber. The blade has got hollow curve design to give outstanding balance to the feet.
The insole of the shoe is made with honeycomb technology giving sweat-free running. Also, the insole helps to keep odor away as the shoe absorbs sweat efficiently.
The upper side of the shoe is covered with one-piece mesh fabric with a sock liner. The collar and the tongue are made of foam that provides extra comfort.
The hollow blade protects the feet from extra pressure and comes with a stylish design along with great orthopedic benefits.
- Anti-collision round toe provides vast space to move your feet freely
- Lace-up closure provides a snug fit
- Provides excellent arch support
Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Winder II Work Shoe – Best for Traction
|Color||Available in 2 color|
|Size||6 to 14 ( Available for wide feet too)|
Dr. Scholl’s is a brand that promises trust and support to their foot patients. The quality of the materials that are used takes excellent care of their patients.
The shoe is made with 100% leather that makes the shoe soft, breathable, and comfy. The sole enhances stability and mobility.
The shoe is a sole synthetic material that makes it oil-resistant and slip-resistant, and the outsole has Lock Step Outsole. The shoe also meets TM and SATRA TM 63 and TM144 standards.
Also, the shoes have Memory Foam Cool Fit that minimizes Scoliosis foot pain. Also, it promotes natural foot movement.
The shoe has an Anti-Compression insole, non-marking outsole, and Dri-Lex moisture-wicking lining that absorbs moisture efficiently.
- Memory Foam Cool Fit allows breathability and keeps the feet cool
- The Shoe is oil-resistant and slip-resistant too
- Made with 100% leather
Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17
|Color||Available in 10 Colors|
Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17 Shoe is a perfect option for those looking for a shoe that alleviates the pain and provides adequate support and comfort.
It features a DNA LOFT cushioning for extra softness, and it is responsible for luxurious feeling and comfortability underfoot.
The shoe has got Ortholitesockliner to enhance the step-in comfort. The internal stretchable bootie surrounds your foot and expand and move with your stride.
For better stability, we need a snug fit shoe. These shoes offer excellent stability due to their mesh upper and 3D fit print new technology that ensures snug fitting.
Scoliosis patients need adequate comfort and flexibility underneath the foot. These shoes fulfill this requirement. They’re comfortable, supportive, flexible and durable.
- DNA LOFT cushioning for extra softness and luxurious feeling.
- 3D fit print new technology for snug-fitting.
- Ortholitesockliner that enhances step-in comfort.
Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe – Best Walking Shoes for men with Scoliosis
|Dimensions||14 x 8 x 6 inches|
|Size||7 to 14 ( Available for wide feet too )|
Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider alleviates the pressure of impacts on the foot because of its well-designed innovative midsole, i.e. made from cloud wave technology.
People living with Scoliosis need proper arch support and an adaptive fitting. This shoe features U4ic technology in the midsole for incredible arch support, and the stretch mesh is responsible for an adaptive fit; conforms to your foot shape.
The shoe has got articulated heel zone that provides a smoother transition. Minuto is specialized in providing extra comfort. Its cloud wave footbed offers an extra cushioning experience. This feature is excellent in scoliosis disorder for a better comfortable feeling.
The shoes are made from synthetic fabric with stretch mesh technology. The outsole is made of rubber, offers great slip-resistant and provides adequate traction.
Overall, the shoe is excellent for scoliosis patients; it’s incredibly comfortable, adaptive, lightweight.
- Articulated heel zone to provide a smoother transition
- U4ic technology in the midsole for incredible arch support
- Stretch mesh for an adaptive fit
Saucony Women’s Triumph Iso 5 Running Shoe
|Color||Available in 10 Different Colors|
|Size||5 to 12 ( Available for wide feet too)|
Saucony is known for its quality and is one of the most popular brands of all. They introduced Saucony Women’s Triumph Iso 5 Running Shoe that provides user-friendly features for running/walking shoes.
This shoe is excellent for scoliosis patients, as it is incredibly adaptive and responsive. It features excellent stability and flexibility in each step.
The shoe has got a full-length EVERUN midsole for incredible comfort. It also offers enhanced energy return to the wearer. Since scoliosis patients need consistent cushioning and comfort, this shoe will provide the same, i.e. continuous cushioning and support.
Anyone who has Scoliosis should consider this shoe because of its user-friendly features and incredibly comfortable and adaptive design.
- It features EVERUN midsole for incredible comfort
- Comfortable footbed for a smooth and soft feeling
- Fulfill every requirement of people with Scoliosis
Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford
|Size||5 to 12 ( Available for Wide feet too )|
|Color||Available in 2 colors|
Nurse Mates Women’s Dove Oxford is a smart choice for working women with Scoliosis. Nurse Mates brings you the most versatile, supportive, comfortable shoes for womens with Scoliosis.
There is a steel shank connected to the outsole and midsole to provide excellent arch support for long working hours. Its 1-1/2 inches heel provides additional support and comfort all over the day.
It features a Goring system instead lacing system to provide a snug-fitting. They’re comfortable to on and off without any hassle. They’re a bit wider at the heel area to provide additional stability for wider feet.
The inner sole is made from EVA technology with extra cushioning inside for extra comfort while walking. It features excellent shock absorption abilities.
Overall it’s comfortable, supportive, slip-resistant, flat shoes for working women with Scoliosis.
- Polyurethane Outsole provides adequate traction
- The PU heel is explicitly introduced for shock absorption
- It is made from premium strain-free grain leather.
New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 880v11 Running Shoe
|Dimensions||12.28 X 7.32 X 4.69|
|Size||4 to 13.5|
The New Balance Fresh Foam 880v11 is made of synthetic and mesh material and has got synthetic sole that protects the wearer from accident, slip, and provides a good grip on slippery areas.
The midsole has a fresh foam cushioning that is engineered to provide extra cushioning and protect the wearer from putting additional pressure on the feet. Also, it absorbs shock efficiently withoutdamaging the feet.
The Shoehas got breathableengineered double jacquard mesh upper to avoid suffocation and provide extra breathability. The Footbed of the Shoe is engineered in a molded way, so it increases the Shoe’s comfort.
The heel of the Shoe has molded external heel counter protecting the heel area from shock and bang. Also, this helps in the movement of the heel to protect the foot condition from getting worse. The shoes is considered as one of the best nursing shoes for scoliosis.
VionicMen’s Bond Caleb Lace-up sneaker
|Dimensions||12.8 X 8.4 X 5|
|Size||7 to 12|
The Shoe is made of Leather and Textile material, thus increasing its durability. The sole material of the Shoe is made of Mesh covered EVA sole material to provide enough comfort. The insoles are removable, so you can change them with your orthopedic ones if required.
The Footbed is wrapped with microfiber that provides extra softness to the feet. The outsole is a durable rubber material that offers good traction and grip on slippery and wet surfaces. This protects the wearer from slips and accidentstoo.
The Shoe is light in weight and does not put extra weight on the wearer’s feet. The lace-up closure of the Shoe protects the wearer from ill-fit and gives a snug and adjustable fit to the wearer.
The Shoe provides stability to the wearer and protects from getting dislocated or losing balance while walking through any abrupt surface. It has good arch support and provides enough support to the wearer. This shoe is one of the best shoes for scoliosis.
Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
Several factors should be considered before buying the Best Shoes for Scoliosis.
- Material – The material of shoes is the prime factor to consider. The material should be soft and durable and should feature sufficient support and smooth movements. Leather upper, rubber outsole, adaptive heel – these things should be check.
- Stability – The shoe must offer good stability while moving around or walking. A lacing system is great for a snug and comfortable fit. The more arch support it features, the more comfortable you’ll feel.
- Heel support – Slightly raised heels are the great support and provide adequate stability while walking or doing regular activities.
- Shock absorption – Shock-absorbing shoes are more preferable as they allow effortless and comfortable movements. A thick midsole can easily absorb all the impacts during regular walking.
- Fitting – An adaptive or snug fit shoe is excellent for having stable movements. You should look for the right size to avoid slipping or falling.
- Well Cushioned – A well-cushioned shoe reduces your difficulties. Improper cushioning can cause harmful effects on your feet and spine.
Do’s And Don’ts For People With Scoliosis
Several things can improve scoliosis, and some can even worsen scoliosis. So knowing what to do or what to avoid when you have scoliosis becomes essential.
- Using a quality Mattress – Usually, a medium-firm or a firm mattress is the best mattress you can have if you have scoliosis. Ensure to pick one that fits your body. Skip the cushioned mattress pad. You should look for the best mattress for scoliosis ( https://www.tuck.com/best-mattress/best-mattress-for-scoliosis/]
- Keep changing positions frequently – Standing or sitting for long can be stressful for your spine. You can walk often. Select a chair that provides excellent support.
- Stretch – Stretching helps to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Hand from a bar, hold as possible, repeat.
- Bend in the same direction of your curve
- Lie of rolled towels or foam roller, one under the lower back and another one under the neck(spinal molding)
- Do static chest stretch
- Improve your core strength – Start doing exercises that improve your core strength. It’s beneficial for scoliosis, as core muscles directly support the spine.
- Don’t frequently text – The forward bend head position can worsen scoliosis. It’s not even suitable for anyone. It directly put pressure on the spinal cord. Frequently texting can also lead to neck pain.
- Don’t Carry Heavy-weight things – Carrying heavy things, especially at one side, compresses the spine. If your child has scoliosis, then a heavy backpack is terrible for your child. The same goes with adults, don’t lift high weights during a workout.
- Don’t Sleep on Stomach – Sleeping on your stomach is a worse scoliosis position because it causes the spine to become flattered. Sleeping on the stomach wouldn’t be recommended for anyone.
Will Wearing High Heels Make Scoliosis Worse?
Possibly, Yes, there’s no research associate the positive effects of wearing high heels on scoliosis.
Though much research consistently displays the negative impact of wearing high heels on the spine and joint health. The research on the effect of wearing high heels on scoliosis is yet to research.
However, wearing high heels might affect the alignment of the spine, further creating problems for scoliosis patients.
High heels do not provide adequate support to the foot. As a result, your spine will be under a lot of stress.
Doctors also recommend avoiding the use of high heels in scoliosis.
Can Orthotics Cure Scoliosis?
It cannot cure scoliosis, but it can help alleviate the pain and side effects of this condition.
If you have scoliosis or uneven legs, orthotics could alleviate the further curve progression in younger patients.
Likewise, orthotic treatment cannot cure the condition; it just relieves the patient. The insole can alleviate the pain and further the progression of scoliosis.
Sometimes, the curve of the spine causes an uneven pelvis making one leg a more extended appearance. This is called functional leg length discrepancy ( the legs aren’t different but appear).
That’s why a doctor prescribes orthotic or insole.
Will A Shoe Lift Help Scoliosis?
It is unclear; there’s no direct answer to this question. However, generally, a heel lift isn’t even necessary.
It is more likely to exacerbate scoliosis in some cases rather than improving it.
A method to reduce mild lateral bend of the spine (lumbar spine) using a heel lift was tested in adults. The procedure decreased the unevenness of the sacral base and reduced the angle of mild lateral bend.
The results said that unevenness of the sacral base directly contributes to scoliosis, and leveling the sacral base through heel lifting can be beneficial.
But if you aren’t sure about the advice about heel left to help scoliosis, look for another option.
What shoes should I wear with scoliosis?
Ans:-) Shoes are so crucial in scoliosis. People with scoliosis should look for shoes that provide adequate support and balanced movements. The balance provided by arch support help to alleviate the stress on the spine. Avoid high heels and very flat shoes.
These are recommended shoes for scoliosis.
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert ( #1 Pick for Men)
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 21 ( #1 for women )
Saucony Women’s Triumph Iso 5 Running Shoe ( Top rated )
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 5 Shoes ( Most comfortable )
Mosha Belle Men Athletic Shoes ( Most affordable )
Can scoliosis patients wear heels?
Ans:-) High heels do not provide adequate support to the foot. As a result, your spine will be under a lot of stress. Slightly raised heels can be wear and are a much better & safer option for people with scoliosis.
What should I avoid if I have scoliosis?
Ans:-) Avoid this thing if you have scoliosis –
Don’t Carry Heavy-weight things – Carrying heavy things significantly at one side compresses the spine.
Don’t play high-impact sports – People with scoliosis should avoid high-impact sports such as football, rugby, hockey, etc. These sports can put pressure on your spine.
Don’t frequently text – The forward bend head position can worsen scoliosis.
Does bracing help scoliosis?
Ans:-) Yes, bracing can be very effective for slowing the progression of the spinal curve if you have scoliosis. It doesn’t directly straighten the spine permanently. It can happen at teenage while your bones are growing. However, in some cases, it was found painful.
What should I wear if I have scoliosis?
Ans:-) The proper footwear and loose dresses are preferable as they provide ultra comfort levels and alleviate the pain. A loose shirt offers great flexibility to the spinal curves. However, a tight shirt or jeans can be miserable.
Are shoes important for Scoliosis?
Ans:- Wearing shoe and inserts would help one to restrict movements and hence help to reduce further pain and prevent the condition from getting worse.
Is walking bad for Scoliosis?
Ans:- It is not bad for Scoliosis but one should make sure that their foot movements are not in a wrong direction and doing proper physical activity is good instead.
Also Read This
- Top 12 Best Shoes For Mail Carriers
- 5 Best Shoes For Broken Toe
- Top 5 Best Shoes For Ankle Support
- [Top Rated] Best Shoes For Plyometric
- 12 Best Shoes for Pharmacists
You know the importance of correct footwear in scoliosis, right? It’s time to get the “Best Shoes for Scoliosis” to alleviate the pain and increase comfort. We made it easy for you without deep research and a definitive list.