The best shoes for physical therapist needs to be comfortable, durable, and with good arch support and traction. The article talks about 8 top shoes that meet your requirements.
It’s quite miserable working with uncomfortable shoes. The wrong shoe also reduces productivity because of uncomfortable feelings.
You need to invest in a quality pair to be productive and comfortable throughout the working shift.
We made it easy for you with our definitive list. You can easily find the perfect shoe for yourself by following the ultimate guide.
Top Quick Picks – Best Shoes For Physical Therapist
- Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 ( #1 Pick for Women )
- Under Armour Men Charged Pursuit 2 ( #1 Pick for Men )
- New Balance Women’s WW577 Hook and Loop ( Top Rated )
- Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk ( Most Affordable & Comfortable)
- Saucony Women’s Eros Sneaker
In a hurry? Consider any of these!
List Of Best Shoes For Physical Therapist
- 1 How To Choose The Best Shoes For Physical Therapist?
- 3 Benefits Of Right Shoes For Physical Therapists
- 4 Top 8 Best Shoes For Physical Therapist
- 4.1 Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 – Best Women’s Shoes for Physical Therapist
- 4.2 Under Armour Men Charged Pursuit 2 – Beat Men’s Shoes for Physical Therapist
- 4.3 New Balance Women’s WW577 Hook and Loop Walking Shoe – Best in terms of fit
- 4.4 Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk
- 4.5 Saucony Women’s Eros Sneaker – Best Sneakers for Physical Therapist
- 4.6 Lamincoa Women’s Slip-On Lightweight Casual Memory Foam Sneakers for Walking Work
- 4.7 Dr. Scholl’s- Men’s Brisk Lightweight Dual Strap Sneaker – Best in terms of lightweight
- 4.8 Maiitrip Women’s Comfort Slip-On Shoe – Best in terms of Cushioning
- 5 Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
- 6 How To Clean Physical Therapist Shoes?
- 7 What Does Physical Therapist Wear?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Final Words
How To Choose The Best Shoes For Physical Therapist?
The key factors that are required to investigate upon before choosing your shoe are-
As you need to spend hours standing dealing with your patients, you need to have shoes that provide adequate cushioning and breathability to keep your feet relaxed and comfortable.
You are not going to buy a pair of shoes every month, so the durability of your shoes is highly required. Make sure the fabric used in the shoes is durable enough in most situations.
Check It:- 5 Best Shoes For Broken Toe In 2021
Check It:- Best Shoes For Plyometric In June 2021
Check It:- Top 5 Best Shoes For Ankle Support
Arch Support and Traction
Physical therapists need to have shoes that provide good arch support and traction as this helps you stand for long hours painlessly and ache-free.
The right amount of traction would protect you from the slips and skids or trips that might cause fatal while rushing to your patients.
Benefits Of Right Shoes For Physical Therapists
Yes, many shoes are designed for physical therapists, doctors, hospital workers do provide extra benefit than usual shoes.
Keeps your feet Protected
- Shoes for a physical therapist are well cushioned and protect your feet from shock when walking or running in a rush on hard surfaces.
- They’re design enclosed with a toe region for extra protection
- Specially designed to keep you productive all over the day
Presentability and Attractiveness
- Shoe appearance matters a lot since you’re exposed to a lot of people.
- They do judge your professionalism by looking at the attires you have on.
- Physical therapist shoes are attractive as well as give a professional appearance.
- They fulfill all the required needs and are presentable to your clients.
Keeps your feet comfortable and clean
- Physical therapist shoes are designed to keep your feet clean and comfortable.
- They don’t let the dirt get in.
- They prevent sweat build-up to avoid a clammy feel.
- Prevents the unpleasant odor that is taking your clients away.
Provide enhanced Stability and Support
- These shoes ensure that your body weight is distributed evenly, thus increases stability.
- They offer great support, thus reduces the chances of falling and injury.
- Provides adequate traction while keeping the feet comfortable.
- They enhanced comfort by increasing support and stability.
Some important Tips by Professional Physical Therapists
Here are some additional tips from professional physical therapists before buying the best shoes for a physical therapist.
- Shoes should provide proper Support✓
- Your heel should feel stable when you rush running or walking ✓
- Shoes should not bend in the middle of the shoe. Instead, they should bend in the toe box ✓
- Heel height should be the same across the shoe ✓
- Shoes should offer adequate arch support for your foot type ✓
- Shoes should be replaced when they do not offer adequate support, or they become worn ✓
Top 8 Best Shoes For Physical Therapist
Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 – Best Women’s Shoes for Physical Therapist
- Dimensions : 11 x 7 x 4 inches
- Weight:12 Ounces
- Size: 6.5 to 12 ( Available for wide feet too)
- Color: Available in 15 Colors
- Manufacturer : Saucony
Almost all physical therapists require standing and walking all day long. So, to continue a profession that requires running, these shoes are one of the best shoes to have in your closet.
These Saucony shoes provide optimized performance to focus on your work. The shoes have got rubber sole that provides good flexibility and enhanced shock absorbency.
The mesh upper of the shoe provides good breathability. Along with the heel grip system, this shoe provides proper cushioning for physical therapists all over the day.
It’s our #1 Choice for physical therapists due to its unmatchable features. Fulfill every requirement that a physical therapist would need.
- The triplex system on the outsole provides good shock absorbency
- The padded collar and tongue enhance comfort
- The Heel Grid system provides stable cushioning
Under Armour Men Charged Pursuit 2 – Beat Men’s Shoes for Physical Therapist
- Dimensions : 0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches
- Weight : 8.6 Ounces
- Size : 7 to 15 ( Available for wide & X-wide feet too)
- Color : Available in 8 Color
- Manufacturer : Under Armour
Under Armour Men, Charged Pursuit is the ideal shoe for a physical therapist. It is quite versatile and flexible. Highly recommended for Male physical therapist.
The shoe’s fabric is made of 84% Polyester, 16% Elastane with sole synthetic material, and Low-Top shaft height.
The shoe is light in weight, and the mesh upper is engineered with huge flexibility and breathability that provides huge support whenever needed.
There is foam padding around the ankle collar and under the tongue that provides a snug fit and a comfortable feel.
The sockliner is very comfortable that takes the shape of your foot, and it has an added padding to provide a snug fit.
- Charged cushioning midsole provides great responsiveness and durability
- Also, it provides optimal cushioning and returns the energy
New Balance Women’s WW577 Hook and Loop Walking Shoe – Best in terms of fit
- Dimensions : 11.2 x 7.7 x 4.2 inches
- Weight : 1.7 Pounds
- Size : 5 to 12 ( Available for wide feet too)
- Color : Available in 3 colors
- Manufacturer : New Balance
The new balance is the brand for the people who believe in the shoe’s fit rather than into an image. The shoe that it manufactures has great cushioning.
The shoe has got walking stride Path outsole that enhances your groove while walking. Also, the upper part is made of leather to provide protection.
There is perforated detail on the shoe that is meant for the shoe’s good breathability. Also, the insoles drive away all the moisture.
Polyurethane midsole delivers stable cushioning to enhance the comfort level while working all over the day. It’s a great multi featuring shoes for a physical therapist.
- Hook and loop strap for easy pull on and off
- The padded tongue and the collar enhance the comfort
- The cushioning has got great shock absorbency
Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk
- Product Dimensions : 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Weight : 9 Ounces
- Size : 7 to 16 ( Available for wide and X-wide feet too)
- Color : Available in 8 Color
- Manufacturer : Skechers
Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk is designed by an innovative 5Gen midsole that provides the most comfortable experience while walking or standing.
Its innovative advanced seamless is designed for a comfortable fit. Its mesh upper is designed to expand naturally while walking. The rubber sole improves flexibility while its thick midsole offers a great balance.
It consists Air mesh side panels that are responsible for the great breathability of the shoes. The bamboo-lined footbed prevents bacterial odor. The knitted mesh technology controls the odor. Synthetic overlaying at heel and toe enhances its durability.
Its Goga Max insole provides advanced support and cushioning. The tapering midfoot design improves the arch support. These shoes could be your “Everyday Choice.”
- Innovative 5Gen midsole offers an advanced walking experience.
- The bamboo-lined footbed prevents bacterial odor and moisture build-up.
- Featherweight Sock Lining
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam for extra comfort.
Saucony Women’s Eros Sneaker – Best Sneakers for Physical Therapist
- Dimensions : 12 x 7 x 4 inches
- Weight : 4.96 Ounces
- Manufacturer : Saucony
- Size : 5 – 6
- Color : Available in 3 Color
Saucony Women’s Eros Sneaker our #1 Pick for a physical therapist. It’s great for standing, walking, running, these shoes you surely want to have in your corner.
People look for standing or walking shoes when it comes to the physical therapist. But what if someone falls and needs immediate help? Or it’s a panic situation you might need to be rush.
These shoes are more focused on being great in rush situations. Besides, they’re super lightweight and comfortable. The rubber sole is great for shock absorption and provides more flexibility.
The mesh upper lining allows the air to circulate and prevent moisture build-up and bad odor.
- Made for Physical Therapist
- Reflect professional shoe’s vibes
- These shoes are stable and flexible
Lamincoa Women’s Slip-On Lightweight Casual Memory Foam Sneakers for Walking Work
- Dimensions – 12 x 7 x 4 inches
- Weight : Lightweight
- Size : Available in various size
- Color : Available in various colors
- Manufacturer : Lamincoa
Lamincoa Women’s Slip-On shoes can be used for multiple purposes such as walking, shopping, running, traveling, workout, nursing, and as a health care worker.
Its effective nonslip rubber outsole reduces cushioning force and offers sufficient friction to move comfortably. The memory foam insole absorbs the shock of impacts that helps in reducing the burden on the body.
Moisture-wicking insole keeps the sweat and moisture build-up away and also features elasticity. Easy to put on & off make you move more easily and freely.
The mesh knit upper is highly breathable and flexible. It would be a great choice for physical therapists. It shows all the qualities that would a physical therapist require.
- Non slip MD sole that let each step of yours move comfortably
- Multi-purpose shoe with various features.
- Durable Foam Insole
Dr. Scholl’s- Men’s Brisk Lightweight Dual Strap Sneaker – Best in terms of lightweight
- Dimensions : 12.48 x 10 x 5.59 inches
- Weight :1.9 Pounds
- Size : 8 to 13 ( Available for wide feet)
- Color : Available in 2 Color
- Manufacturer : Dr. Scholl’s
The shoe is made of Mesh and Faux leather fabric with outer leather material. The dual strap Velcro closures give a tangle-free closure along with a secured fit.
Air-Pillow Gel insoles provide the feet the comfort they require to stand and walk all day long.
The shoes are extremely light in weight, thus not stressing the feet or adding extra weight to the feet. It can be an affordable option for a male physical therapist.
- The blend of mesh, leather, and artificial provides protection
- The shoe has good breathability
- Dual strap closures give a snug fit
Maiitrip Women’s Comfort Slip-On Shoe – Best in terms of Cushioning
- Dimensions : 9.3 x 3.4 x 2.5 inches
- Weight : 3.99 Ounces
- Size : 5.5 to 11
- Color : Available in 12 attractive Colors
- Manufacturer : Maiitrip Women’s
This shoe is the best choice as they are comfortable, breathable and the fabric used while making them are top quality that provides a soothing sensation to the feet.
The shoe has multiple ventilated pores that promote the shoe’s breathability and make it sweat and odor resistant.
The shoe is highly flexible and molds into the foot for prolonged use. Also, the shoe provides the minimum required arch support.
Maiitrip Women’s Comfort Slip-On Shoes are laceless sneakers, easy to put on and off, suitable for long-standing, walking, and floor shoes. They can be used as daily shoes for a physical therapist.
- Insoles of the shoe has soft cushioned paddings
- Light lining on the shoe gives massage sensation while walking
- The midsole is shock-absorbing and bouncy
Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
Several important factors should be considered before buying the best shoes for physical therapists.
With the busy schedule and long working hours, the shoe must offer adequate arch support to avoid discomfort while duty hours.
Arch support is important as it acts as a shock absorber for the weight transmitted to the ground by the body and vice versa.
Good shoes are meant to provide adequate support and comfort. As a physical therapist, you would need soft and well-cushioned shoes. Look for a soft and flexible insole, so that long working hours do not become miserable.
One of the most important factors to consider is the breathability of the shoes. An unbreathable shoe causes sweat and moisture build-up that can be miserable. It can directly affect you. Always check the breathability of the shoes as they help your feet be cool, fresh, and comfortable during long working hours.
Spending money wisely once is much better than spending on cheap uncomfortable shoes frequently. Always go for high-quality material fabric. There are many benefits associated with quality pair of shoes.
- Quality shoes assure durability
- They’re much more comfortable
- They’re much more breathable
- The fabric and material is of high quality that increases its stability and durability
It would be so embarrassing falling in front of your clients, right? To avoid unnecessary slipping and falling when you’re in a rush, it is important to have a shoe that offers proper traction. For that matter of fact, the rubber outsole is supposed to provide proper traction on the wet and slippy floor.
The ideal shoes will always protect your feet from high impacts and sharp objects. Here the material of the outsole becomes important. Always look for a hard outsole material. This will protect you from blisters. You can go for one of the best options, i.e., shoes with an enclosed toe area.
How To Clean Physical Therapist Shoes?
Since many of these shoes are manufactured of fabric, machine washing is not a good option. However, you have to clean your shoes also, then how?
Cleaning shoes not only make your shoe look better also enhances its durability. Here’s a best “Hand Washing Tips,” i.e., the preferable way to clean your shoes.
- Removing extra dirt – At first, Remove all the excess dirt by using an old brush from tha outsole and the upper.
- Create soapy water – Create soapy water by combining the detergent and warm water. Make sure detergent won’t be too harsh.
- Brushing – Using a soft brush, clean properly by dipping into the soapy water. Make sure that no dirt remains in the shoe.
- Dry – Never blow-dry your shoes. Always go for a safe way that is Air dry. Direct sunlight exposure is also not recommended.
What Does Physical Therapist Wear?
Mostly, physical therapists wear scrubs in hospitals. Scrubs are always cost-effective and are the best alternative to dresses.
They’re very easy to find, and there are various fashionable, comfortable scrubs for the physical therapist. Scrubs somehow helps in increasing confidence. More fit scrubs are more probable as compared to loose-fitting scrubs.
When it comes to footwear, comfortable shoes are recommended. Physical therapists more prefer presentable, flexible shoes. Some hospitals even allow the physical therapist to wear slacks with a matching dress or blouse.
What should I wear as a physical therapist?
Ans:-) Shoes recommended for physical therapist include –
Saucony Women’s Cohesion
Under Armour Men Charged Pursuit 2
New Balance Women’s WW577 Hook and Loop
Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk
Saucony Women’s Eros Sneaker
What do physical therapists wear?
Ans:-) Working in acute care, physical therapists prefer more professional attire. They may wear dress shirts or slacks. In general, physical therapists most often wear scrubs, sometimes a white lab coat. Scrubs are more comfortable and flexible and allow you to move freely.
Do Physical Therapists Wear Scrubs?
Ans:-) Yes, Physical therapists wear scrubs in the hospital. It is because scrubs are less costly and are the best effective alternative to dresses. They’re super easy to find, and there are plenty of fashionable, comfortable scrubs available for a physical therapist.
Do physical therapists wear stethoscopes?
Ans:-) Yes, it is very usual for a physical therapist to wear a stethoscope to check the condition of the patient’s lungs. They also use it to check the blood pressure of the patient. It reflects professional attire.
Finding the Best shoes for physical therapists is not anymore a daunting task with our ultimate guide. You’ll easily find the perfect pair of shoes for you. We need your appreciation!