The best shoes for mail carriers are always a necessity if you are into the postal service profession and will join the position of a mail carrier.
This job demands a professional outfit, ensuring you to cope up with all weather conditions.
It might get a little difficult to find the perfect pair of mail carrier shoes that matches the toughness level along with all-day wear comfort.
So, here are the top 10 shoes that would help you to choose your one with ease.
Top Quick Picks – Best Shoes For Mail Carriers
- Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes ( Out #1 Pick )
- Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe (Editor’s Choice)
- REEBOK Work Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot (Most AffoAffordabl)
- New Balance Men’s V2 Walking Shoe ( Bestselling )
- Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe ( Most comfortable )
- Sketchers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker ( Best Sneakers for Mail Carriers)
In a hurry? You can pick anyone!
List Of Best Shoes For Mail Carriers[amazon box=”B07KX3DRPP,B000FI2M9E,B00JYG4YZS,B007OWTO4A,B00627D8EK,B00EPOJDJG” template=”table”]
- 1 Mail Carriers – Duties – Responsibilities!
- 2 What Kind Of Shoes Do Mail Carriers Wear?
- 3 Why Do Mail Carrier Shoes Are Specially Designed For The Job?
- 4 Best Shoes For Mail Carriers (Top Rated)
- 4.1 Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
- 4.2 RockyTmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe
- 4.3 New Balance Men’s Made in Us 706 V2 Walking Shoe – Best Shoes for Mail Carriers
- 4.4 Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe – Best in terms of comfort
- 4.5 REEBOK Work Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot – Best budget-oriented shoe
- 4.6 New Balance WW577 Athletic Walking Shoe – Best for all type of weather
- 4.7 Bates Lites Leather Up Chukka Boot – Best for foot fatigue
- 4.8 Thorogood Men’s Soft Streets Series 6″ Waterproof and Insulated Weatherbuster
- 4.9 Nike Men’s Air Monarch
- 4.10 Nike Men’s Air Monarch
- 4.11 Sketchers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker – Best Sneaker for the mail carrier
- 4.12 PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’s FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 4.13 XPETI Men’s Thermator Mid Waterproof Shoes – Best in terms of protection
- 5 Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
- 6 How Do You Maintain Mail Carrier Shoes?
- 7 Why Do Some USPS Mail Carriers Not Wear Uniforms?
- 8 What Do USPS-Approved Postal Work Shoes Mean?
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Final Words
Mail Carriers – Duties – Responsibilities!
Mail carriers are mainly responsible for delivering and collecting mail issued by the USPS – US Postal Service. They’re government employees who must meet the standards of USPS to get the job. They deliver mail to homes in towns, cities, and rural areas.
Duties – Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of mail carriers include:-
- Preparing and sorting mail at the postal office
- Delivering the mail and collecting the mails
- Collecting charges of delivery
- Getting signatures
- Answering all the questions of customers.
What Kind Of Shoes Do Mail Carriers Wear?
- Shoe that allows standing or Walking all over the day – Since mail carriers have to deliver mail all over the day. They need a shoe that allows standing or walking with superior arch support.
- Perfect Size – The wrong size can trouble you while delivering. A right size that isn’t too tight or too loose is recommended.
- Breathable Shoe – Sweat build-up leads to the clammy feeling that makes you discomfortable. A shoe that allows air to evaporate is recommended.
- Shock Absorption – A shoe should feature shock absorption with good durability and cushioning for comfort.
Why Do Mail Carrier Shoes Are Specially Designed For The Job?
It is because of the nature of work. Since the postal job requires a lot of hard work. So to avoid any extra problems to the postal worker, they’re specially designed for extra comfort.
- USPS approved mail carrier shoes offer the best possible protection from occupational hazards.
- They’re bound to be water and dust-resistant.
- They are very well cushioned
- They have shock absorption ability.
- They’re well tested and tried and found more sustainable and comfortable than usual.
- They guarantee to offer adequate protection and safety from occupational hazards that possibly harm you.
Best Shoes For Mail Carriers (Top Rated)
Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
The sneakers are a high performance one that provides extreme arch support. The style factor might not be impressive, but they are comfortable and durable enough to wear and walk.
This is also a best fit for people having flat feet and if their job requires to stand all day long. The Arch support ensures that your feet do not have to get undue pressure and cause injury.
Apart from the Arch support, the shoe also provides excellent shock absorption from the forefoot to the rear. And the comfort is ensured from the hydro flow cushioning.
The synthetic sole is a slip-resistant one and provides good traction on the rainy surfaces, also the full-grain leather upper protects the feet from dirt and water too.
- Provides huge arch support and comfort
- MoGo midsole cushioning is highly breathable
- The shoes are flexible yet durable
RockyTmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe
- Weight – 1.5 Pounds
- Size – 7 – 14 ( Available for Wide feet )
- Dimensions – 12 × 8 × 4 inches
- Manufacturer – Rocky
Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe is ideal for keeping your feet fatigue-free to let you focus on the work. The shoe has proven its worth when it comes to comfort.
It features a full-grain waterproof leather and a non-metallic stabilizer that provides adequate support for this high-intensity job.
Its straightforward and sleek design shows its simplicity and quality. It’s a fully protected shoe that features all the requirements that a mail carrier would need.
The shoe has got Rocky Airport cushioned footbed that keeps your feet comfortable. This job no doubt requires work ethic; this shoe would help you keep your feet comfortable and flexible all over the day.
The shoe has got TPU/PU outsole that offers extra support and flexibility. It’s completely oil and slip-resistant to avoid the chances of slipping at wet and tricky slippery surfaces.
- Functional lining for breathability allows the air to wick the moisture and keep your feet dry all over the day.
- Rocky Airport cushioned footbed provide great comfort while walking and standing.
- Lightweight Polyurethane material features flexible movements.
New Balance Men’s Made in Us 706 V2 Walking Shoe – Best Shoes for Mail Carriers
- Dimensions : 12.7 x 7.3 x 4.9 inches
- Weight –14.3 Ounces
- Size – 7 – 14 ( Available in narrow, wide & X-wide also )
- Manufacturer – New Balance
New Balance Men’s V2 Walking Shoe serve adequate support, comfort, flexibility in movements. Since, as a mail carrier, you have to visit the place to place this shoe fulfil every need of mail carriers.
The shoe is made from high-quality, durable material and C- cap midsole with ABZORB cushioning that wicks the moisture away and keeps the feet dry for long working hours.
It features a top-quality foam insert and rubber sole, and breathable leather upper to provide extra comfort and flexibility while avoiding work fatigue to enhance productivity.
The shoe has a walking strike path and an open-cell foam that dissipates the pressure and conforms to the foot shape.
The shoe is ideal for a mail carrier job, and it alleviates fatigue and pain while keeping the foot flexible and comfortable.
- Open cell foam disperse the pressure
- High-quality polyurethane outsole offers lightweight durability.
Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe – Best in terms of comfort
- Weight – 15.8 ounces
- Size – 6.5 to 14 ( Available for Wide and Extra Wide feet )
- Dimensions : 10 x 15 x 6 inches
- Manufacturer – Rockport
To match with all the necessity of Today, the one-stop destination is Rockport. And this time, it is the Eureka Walking shoes to fulfil all the requirements of a mail carrier, providing all the comfort required.
The leather upper of the shoes promotes easy walking and makes it easier to clean the shoe efficiently. The breathable lining of the shoe keeps the sweat and odour away from the feet to work for all day long.
EVA Midsole to protect against shock. The shoe has a padded tongue and collar for extra support—San Crispino construction for good heel stability. Strobel technology provides foot flexibility. Rubber outsoles provide good grip and durability.
- Lightweight and flexible upper provides comfort and good looks with the outfit
- Breathable mesh lining to absorb moisture efficiently
- Removable latex foam footbed in case you need another one for more comfort
REEBOK Work Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot – Best budget-oriented shoe
The Reebok work men’s postal express is one of the most famous shoes in the shoe business. These shoes are highly in demand for they are made with 100% leather and has a synthetic sole. Also, the shoe is certified and secured.
The shoes are comfortable and durable enough to wear throughout office hours and beyond office hours. Also, the shoe is perfect to wear for long routes. The shoe is designed with state-of-the-art athletic technology that helps to meet standard requirements.
The Reebok shoes inspire their wearers to be sporty and fit, and hence they come with a unique look, making them wearable for small jogging and runs. All these qualities combine to make the shoe an ideal choice.
- The leather material and synthetic sole helps the shoe enhance its durability
- They are comfortable enough to wear post office hours too
- The shoe has got a unique athletic design too
New Balance WW577 Athletic Walking Shoe – Best for all type of weather
- Weight – 1.7 Pounds
- Manufacturer – New Balance
- Dimensions – 11.2×7.7×4.2 inches
The mail carriers work no less than playing a sport. You need to rush all day long, needing full energy throughout the day. So, you need a pair of shoes that would help you boost your performance without adding extra pain to your feet.
The New Balance WW577 Athletic Walking Shoe is one of the best shoes that would help you to ease your rushes without making you feel exhausted. One of the best features of the shoe it is adaptable to all weather conditions.
It has ABZORB cushioning technology, providing advanced shock-absorbing capacity. The Rubber soles provide required traction on slippery areas and rough terrains—also, the Flex grooves on the soles providing better flexibility.
- The shoe is made with 100% leather making it durable and breakproof
- The leather upper withstands all weather conditions and makes the shoe dustproof
- The shoe comes with a padded collar protecting the ankle from strain for long strides
Bates Lites Leather Up Chukka Boot – Best for foot fatigue
- Weight – 5 Pounds
- Manufacturer – Bates
- Size – 6 to 13.5 ( Available for Narrow and Wide feet )
Generally, it becomes very tough to bear the pain of a fatigue foot and continue working. When you work wearing these boots, you do not feel the pressure on your feet, making your work harder.
The shoe is made of 100% leather and has got rubber sole material. Along with that, the shoe has got a shaft height of 6 inches providing good height. The top of the shoe is very soft and has a roomy toe box.
The lining of the shoe is breathable enough eliminating the sweat and odour from the feet. Also, the rubbers soles of the shoes are flexible yet supportive. The shoe has Dri-Lex lining that helps to keep the feet dry for all-day work.
- The shoes are constructed with Goodyear welt construction, making the shoe solid and durable
- The outsoles are non-marking and lightweight
- The insoles are removable and cushioned enough for comfort
Thorogood Men’s Soft Streets Series 6″ Waterproof and Insulated Weatherbuster
- Weight – 5 Pounds
- Manufacturer : Thorogood
- Size – 7 – 13 ( Available for Wide feet also )
Thorogood Men’s Soft Streets has a toe protection box to keep you comfortable and protective from long working hours. You can trust this brand; it serves quality since 1892.
The shoe has got waterproof leather on the upper to keep your feet dry and warm all over the day. Its construction is quite impressive, as they’re mainly focused on serving quality, comfortability and durability.
It features a polyurethane insole for cushioning that is super lightweight. The outsole and midsole are made up of high-quality material that provides better traction on all terrains.
The inner part consists of a comfortable weave cushioning for extra flexibility and comfort. Also, it features great stability while walking and standing with adequate support.
- Weave cushioning lining in the inner part for extra comfort and breathability.
- They’re soft; easy to on and off.
- These shoes can be used for other purposes as well.
Nike Men’s Air Monarch
- Manufacturer : Nike
- Size – 6 – 15 ( Available for Wide and extra-wide )
- Product Dimensions : 16 x 7 x 5 inches;
- Weight -15 Ounces
Nike Men’s Air Monarch[amazon box=”B084624JP2″]
can be a great option for mail carriers as this shoe can be used for gyms, shopping, and other purposes. If you’re a part-timer mail carrier. This shoe could be the best option.
It features a sportfish design with a snug-fitting for a better comfortable feeling. These shoes are simple to maintain and clean.
The shoe has got a Phylon midsole that enhances its functionality and comfortability. The full-length insole offers extra support while working for long hours.
It comes with bungee lacing for better support; you can easily remove them if you’re not comfortable with that. It’s waterproof and quite durable.
- Phylon midsole enhance the functionality and comfortability.
- Encapsulated Air Insole for extra support and flexibility
- Its Outsole is designed to adapt a walking motion
Sketchers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker – Best Sneaker for the mail carrier
Generally, mail carriers prefer to wear tennis and sneaker shoes, but little do they know that these footwears do not provide them enough support to work all through the day.
They would just leave you in pain and aches.
The shoe comes with cushioned mesh tongue and meshes fabric, making the shoe perfect for mail carriers. The shoe comes with a memory foam insole, which is also removable if you need an orthopaedic one.
The rubber soles also provide high traction and are also flexible enough. The stitching of the shoes is very durable, making the shoe top on the list.
- Made with 100% leather giving utmost comfort and enhanced durability along with easy cleaning
- Soft Fabric Lining and cushioned insoles for enhanced shock absorbency and long-term Comfort
- Rubber outsole providing good grip, slip resistance on wet surfaces and providing safety from fall
- 1.5″ heel height for a good professional appearance and good stability
PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’s FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
Sports shoes are known to be the superior choice for everyone who spends all day on their foot. The PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’s FM Cross-Trainer Shoe fulfils all the requirements of mail carriers and style.
This shoe is apart from the rest as it provides all the features required for a mail carrier but keep in mind at the same about the features that need to be added in a shoe for women wear.
- perfect blend of leather and synthetic material in the upper, making it waterproof
- The upper is breathable enough to keep the airflow and make feet sweat-free in the summers
- EVA cushioning and midfoot saddles are provided to make the shoe shockproof
- Rubber outsoles for stability and traction
XPETI Men’s Thermator Mid Waterproof Shoes – Best in terms of protection
- Dimensions : 11.5 x 11.38 x 4.33 inches
- Weight – 2.4 Pounds
- Size – 7 to 14
- Manufacturer – Xpeti
XPETI Men’s Thermator Mid Waterproof shoes are designed for agressive and a tight grip on the long hill routes and are best for mail carriers on long route.
It features a molded TPU for an extra ankle support and breathable linings to wick the moisture away. Its integrated inserted EVA- midsole ensure a sturdy and flexible movements even when carrying weights.
These boots offer special features for a perfect protection such as rubber toe cap protector, a molding rubber toe cap, a molding TPU around heel. All these features ensure to provide the perfect protection and comfort.
It’s a great choice for mountain, hills route. Mail carrier have to go place to place, when it comes to hard terrain; nothing is better than this pair of shoes.
- It offers perfect protection because of these technologies like Molding TPU, Rubber Toe Cap, etc.
- Pretty Impressive for hard route
- Offer impressive traction even at wet, hard, rocky surfaces.
Considerable Things Before Buying – Expert’s Buying Guide
Few things should be in mind before buying the best shoes for mail carriers!
No one wants to lift heavily weighted shoes all over the day. Therefore, it has become so important to choose a lightweight shoe.
Rather than going for heavy cushioned or rugged material constructed shoe. You can look for lightweight cushioning material.
You need a balanced amount of cushioning. But, on the other hand, heavy poor cushioning can also make you trouble.
You can go for a highly padded tongue and collar to protect your ankle while supporting them. Extra-quality cushioning can ease your walking while it absorbs shock at the same time.
Comfort and Safety
Being a postal worker means dealing with a lot – from unpleasant customers to unpleasant weather and situations. For example, to avoid extra problems related to footwear.
Look for comfortable shoes that reduce your pressure and stress. In addition, look for shoes that feature protection from occupational hazards.
Mail Carriers are the job of delivering mail from door to door. It requires a lot of walking and standing on different surfaces. That’s why you need good traction offering shoes to avoid changes of skid.
Look for soles that offer slip-resistant features that’ll protect you from slipping. For example, rubber soles are great with traction and feature Anti-skid features.
It is important to wear waterproof shoes. Since mail carriers deliver mails from different weather conditions, they have to deliver the mail no matter it’s raining.
So your shoe must be water-resistant that not only protect your feet from inside while also increases the durability of shoes.
A postal job is a hard-working job. It’s hard to deliver emails all over the day. Since you don’t get as much money as a postal worker, a low-quality shoe can increase your expenses. It gets worn out every 2-3 months.
Also, there’s a high risk of you getting injured as a low-quality shoe doesn’t offer great protection. So always invest in a quality shoe that offers great durability and protection.
How Do You Maintain Mail Carrier Shoes?
Using waterproof spray: You can also wash your synthetic leather shoes with lukewarm water. But use a waterproof spray on leather shoes to Nourish and protect them.
- Wearing Socks – Firstly – Wearing sock can help keep your shoe dry from inside that. Also, it helps in removing the bad smell because of sweat build-up.
- Using Anti-skid power: This enhances your insole’s anti-slip ability. Also, protect your feet from slipping.
- Never blow dry – Synthetic shoes can be washed with water, but never dry them with a blow dryer or in sunlight. Instead, just let them air dry naturally.
- Wearing alternative shoes: Wearing the same shoe for month and month will not be recommended. Instead, you can own two shoes to enhance their performance and durability.
Why Do Some USPS Mail Carriers Not Wear Uniforms?
- Rural Mail Carriers – The Post Office contracts them to deliver mail to a specific long route far enough from the office so that they won’t be supervised. It’s costly to deliver those mail through USPS trucks to use their vehicle and clothing.
- Temporary Mail Carriers – They are hired as part-time, not as a full-time employee. That’s why they don’t wear Uniforms. However, in the future, they are permanent and get an allowance for a uniform.
- Probationary carriers in their initial 90 days don’t get any allowance till they finish the initial 90 days. Casual carriers such as those hired intermediately around Christmas don’t have uniforms.
What Do USPS-Approved Postal Work Shoes Mean?
The USPS sets some standards. To get USPS approval, the shoe needs to meet all the basic standards such as
- It should be manufactured by black leather
- It should be Waterproof
- It should be slip and oil resistant
And many other criteria need to get approval.
The green tag USA/SR written on it will ensure that it is a USPS-approved shoe.
Do mail Carriers have to wear Black Shoes?
Ans:-) Yes, City carriers need to wear USPS-approved black shoes with a green tag and SR/USA written. Whereas there’s no such rule for rural and temporary mail carriers. Since they hired intermediately, so it is no necessary for them to wear USPS approved black shoes.
What are the best shoes for mail carriers?
Ans:-) 1.Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe ( Our #1 Pick)
2.REEBOK Work Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot ( Most Affordable )
3.New Balance Men’s V2 Walking Shoe( Bestselling )
4.Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe ( Most comfortable )
5.Sketchers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker ( Best Sneakers for Mail Carriers)
What is the dress code for rural carriers?
Ans:-) Rural Mail Carriers: The Post Office contracts them to deliver mail to a specific long route far enough from the office so that they won’t be supervised. It’s costly to deliver those mail through USPS trucks to use their vehicle and civilian clothing.
Do mail Carriers have to wear certain shoes?
Ans:-) Yes, mail carriers have to wear USPS-approved shoes. USPS-approved postal shoes have a green tag and SR/USA written on them. These shoes are more comfortable and sustainable than others and provide more protection and durability.
Check It:- [10 Trendy] Best Ballroom Dance Shoes
Check It:- 10 Best Volleyball Shoes For Libero
Check It:- Best Shoes For Cutting Grass
After going through our Expert’s Picks, it won’t be a daunting task for you anymore to pick the ” Best Shoes for Mail Carriers.” Never compromise on quality and price. We do deep research, so that you can find the best one for you!